Monday, August 30, 2010

A week and a half of English (or How I stopped worrying and dealt with Bosnian sarcasm)

The teams have reached the halfway point in English classes as of yesterday (Wednesday) and progress has been pretty good with pretty much every student showing proficiency. The days since Skakavac have been pretty uneventful, just hanging out with students after class at one of the 8 trillion cafes in Sarajevo. Last night was pretty cool, a student named Marina and I went out for dinner in old town. I forget the name of the restaurant, but we both ended up getting the same dish which was essentially a fried chicken, french fries, and some pocket bread. I ate it wrong in the sense that I ate it completely disassembled. We then traded scar stories. (Her story is being withheld, as I didn't obtain permission to put it up on here) After dinner we go ice cream and walked back towards Kairos. That about it for this one, two entries have bled together to make a short one. Till next time, Rule 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment